Let me smell you first

 New friends

when I first meet new friends, they tell me about all the dogs they had. They speak of love and companionship. This is Kurt, he is telling me about his day.
He speaks of time whisking by and how I made his day. As I listen he gives me a treat. He asks me to come and visit more and I acknowledge by giving him my paw. I love meeting people. Some people see me and are afraid of me at first, maybe because of a past experience or some service dogs are always working for their human, so you can't pet them or even talk to them. I wear a vest or "as my handler calls it the jacket", I have a special patch sewed on it that says, "ask to pet me I'm friendly". I have met children that run up to me and want to hug me.
Also remember, when you meet me let me smell you first.

Comments

  1. yes always remember to let any dog smell you first, as put out your hand to let it smell you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi, my name is Barbie

Barbie's Grooming

Support