Why do I wear a vest?

I wear a Service Dog Vest, because where ever I go I want people to know, I am working. If I do not wear my vest, people think I am a pet and treat me like a play thing. I am very cute and beautiful. I wear ribbons in my fur and paint my nails. I wear bling around my neck, all of this is to help my disabled person. The person I take care of needs my Emotional Support. In order to do that,  I must be clean, well dressed, organized and obedient. All people that meet me must treat me with respect and know that I am working. I go to public places with my handler wearing my service dog vest. At these places I treat everyone with respect. I cannot talk, so my vest tells everyone that I am friendly and if you ask my handler, he will determine if you are safe to pet me. Many places I go, many people want to run up to me and hug me. I get very nervous around some people because I fear those people want to hurt my handler or disabled person. Please see attached video showing a disabled person going into a Drug store, not wearing a vest. The reaction of store manager is one that happens everyday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6SxcUCPoY

Please be kind to me when you meet me.
Thank you.



Comments

  1. Wow, you are very beautiful. I have never seen a Standard Poodle Service Dog. Thank you for telling me about your vest. I know that there are many service dogs for the blind and for PTSD, but I did not know of Emotional Support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is the vest really necessary? No, it is not. But we live in a society of fakers, and people want to bring pigs on airplanes, and ducks and mini horses to be mockery of service animals, people just don't understand

      Delete
  2. We have too many odd people on this planet, if people can see a sign that says service dog it is a good thing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi, my name is Barbie

Barbie's Grooming

Support